Thursday, November 9, 2023

Among the mountains

 Away from all guile,
where the stones smile,
And silence sings a song
to mountain wind's gong,
With disarming translucency the sunrays
seep into the stones' heart cold,
The eagle flying so bold,
A new reality hitherto untold,
Morose and weary,
and the soul all teary,
I walk on the stony path
with needle sharp memories
frozen in the mind,
like the glacial ice behind,
With a cunning discretion
they slowly creep
by inches over the years,
jarring the stones,
rubbing boulders and crags,
I want to escape
from all that breeds pain
for some soul's gain,
And the stony solitude
seems to feel my estrangement and platitude,
It embraces me,
Bares its secrets for me to see,
Furtively slide a few pebbles,
Dead grass breaks its drowsiness,
It sways
and prays,
With a resounding laughter,
the wind runs after
the stony peaks,
Bubbling and gurgling
a little stream from a glacier,
A huge boulder greets,
stifling a yawn,
in its clumsy, gruffy voice,
I just stand there,
My soul ready to bare
all pains and listlessness,
And looks at the icy summit
standing there like a peaceful hermit,
For comfort, solace and guidance.


No comments:

Post a Comment