Sunday, May 28, 2023

New Dawn—Warm Rays for Frigid Fate

 

The days are in fact trotting,

A new dawn, new year, of course

new century and millennium,

The snaily destiny but pulls back.

 

Time may fly past,

Making us grow manifold,

We but remain stony,

rigid and preyed upon by chance.

 

Moves it too slowly,

Whom spirit never catches,

Its rock-like firmness,

makes us stick mossily around.

 

I do not know

what the new rays have in store?

Better or worse?

Rays to see or to blind?

 

Today I start my new day;

A new start and initiative,

Let me see if the occasion special

lends its hues to me also.

 

My palette has just two colours,

Just black and white,

Let me see if it gets multi-coloured,

Giving me a new rainbow.

 

I do not know whether the new dawn

is a different one, after the night long,

When darkness grappled with me and I failed,

Or is it the same as the old?

 

Let me see the occasion

too special and celebrity,

Prismatic and multicoloured,

Too long was the one-coloured night.

 

O new rays,

Please turn the occasion special,

God please, leave I myself

at thy complete mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment