Monday, January 9, 2023

Why I Love My Country?

 

O my country, how much I love thee?

Only swelling bosom can tell;

Head when held high and face glee,

Glitters when a diamond out of the shell.

 

Defeat mine fall worthless

Before thy single victorious step;

That tear in eyes winless

Begins to shine for the new born in thy lap.

 

Yes, Indians we are, just Indians,

Please, define us not,

Or you will counter definition billions;

So many turns for a single knot.

 

O my India, so large and spread out;

Extensive to humanity’s all parameters,

Still comes across a single shout,

Which every nook corner hears.

 

Religions here flow river like,

Doing what’er is required naturally,

And people dip to turn Godlike,

Nothing ends, of course, even after forehead lily.

 

O my country, I simply love thee,

Asks me if somebody, why?

Reason any I can’t see,

And if still tell, then I lie.

 

Still, O my country, love is love,

And one loves without reason,

Confident I am only of one vow;–

‘Work tirelessly for the golden vision.’

No comments:

Post a Comment